Sunday, August 2, 2009

Jackie's Wedding Cake

Jackie's wedding cake was started on Wednesday evening with the baking of the biggest tier. On Thursday I baked the 2 smaller tiers. On Friday evening, before I started working on everything, this is what my table looked like:

I had made some flowers to put on the cake, but ended up not using them because once I got the cake stacked, it looked fantastic without them!

The cake was all white chocolate cake, filled with white chocolate frosting and blueberry filling together, then iced with buttercream icing and covered in fondant.





I forgot to take any photos of the decorated tiers, but I decorated them at home and then transported them separately to the venue. At the hall, I stacked the tiers, put the topper on, and did the bead boarder around each tier.

See why I didn't put flowers!? It was perfect just the way it was!








Jackie and Gerald loved it and so did the guests. While I was cutting the cake in the kitchen, Dale overheard people saying it was the best tasting wedding cake they had ever had! And it was fun taking pictures of the cake while people were there and hearing everyone talk about how pretty and cool it was when they didn't know the decorator was right there! :)

Congratulations Jackie and Gerald!

No comments: