Monday, July 20, 2009

Princess Cake

I think this is the first time I have been able to do a really girly cake! It was rather exciting. I love doing the sports cakes and stuff, but it's nice to do something girly now and then.

A co-worker ordered a princess cake for his granddaughter's 4th birthday. A fellow cake decorator had posted some photos of a royal icing tiara and I was dying to try it out, so this was the perfect opportunity!

I used an emptied and cleaned sour cream container, taped a design on it, then taped some wax paper on top of that. Then I piped the design and let it dry before adding some additional decorations of heart sprinkles and sparkly pink sprinkles.


I also made a wand out of royal icing. The cake itself is white cake iced and filled with white buttercream then covered in cute pink fondant. The string work, lettering and pearl border are all in royal icing.

No comments: