Monday, July 27, 2009

Piano Cake II

I got a request for a second piano cake from a guest at the party where I brought the first piano cake. This guy actually figured out that it was "Happy Birthday" piped on the side! He asked for the same cake for his birthday party and I was more than happy to oblige.

I made it basically the same. It is still a white chocolate cake with semi-sweet ganache filling and iced with buttercream. The bottom tier is covered in white fondant, then has "Happy Birthday" piped around it. The top tier is covered in black fondant, then has black and white fondant piano keys on it.

I made it a bit different with the flowers. Dale found a beautiful bouquet out at Costco when he was doing some shopping. It had some really cool big yellow flowers in it that I just loved. And the client made the cake his own by bringing a toy grand piano to sit as a topper with the flowers.


These yellow flowers were very striking with the black and white!

The piano was a perfect touch!

And the piping even turned out better than the first piano cake because I had a better grasp of how to lay it out.


This cake turned out just as beautiful as the first piano cake!

1 comment:

Lorene said...

Wow, that's a gorgeous piano cake, and the little piano on top was just too cute!