Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bobcats Cake & Cupcakes

My hairdresser ordered a cake and cupcakes for his boy's hockey team's wrap up party. I was showing off some pictures of the Sabre's cake and cupcakes during my last appointment :)

I started off by cutting out a bunch of jersey shapes out of rolled out red fondant a few days before the cake was due to let them dry.

Then I piped the kid's names and jersey numbers on them and let that dry. Then when the chocolate cake and cupcakes were all iced with chocolate frosting, I put the jerseys and the team logo on the cake and cupcakes.

The logo was a little tricky because it was a little more intricate than the Sabres or the Canadians logos. So I got some food coloring markers and drew the logo onto a dried fondant shape. Usually I would cut each color out of fondant and stack it, but this was too intricate.


I hope you guys liked it!

By the way, Untangled is a fantastic salon and Dean is just the best :) I've been going to him for years and he always makes me look pretty and it's always a fun time! Check it out!

No comments: