Tuesday, April 7, 2009

2 Miscellaneous Cakes

Over the past couple of weeks, I've made a couple of cakes, but haven't posted.

I re-created the infamous golf cake. The ball was a delicious white chocolate cake filled and frosted with white buttercream then covered with white fondant. The base was a little tricky because they didn't want chocolate and it's supposed to look like the ground. So the cake is white cake filled with coconut icing and iced with vanilla buttercream with lots of brown food coloring.


Then I had a quick cake to do for my mom's boyfriend's birthday. I made a 2 layer lemon cake iced and filled with lemon cream cheese icing. The decorations were some simple sugar flowers that I made ages ago with leftover fondant from another job and I just happened to have some matching blue royal icing already made so it worked out great!


No comments: