Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!



My husband's workplace ordered 100 Halloween themed cupcakes for today. So I made some white cupcakes (dyed orange) and some chocolate cupcakes. Then I decorated them to look like pumpkins (thanks to Hello Cupcake for the idea!), Jack o' lanterns, spiders on spiderwebs and ghosts.

Pumpkins: Orange buttercream with orange royal icing stripes and a green licorice stem.

Jack o' lanterns: same as pumpkins, but with black buttercream faces

Spiders/spiderwebs: All buttercream piped on chocolate buttercream

Ghosts: Started with chocolate buttercream, topped with a large marshmallow, then draped with a disc of white marshmallow fondant. Faces in black buttercream.



This guy was my favorite Jack o' lantern!

2 comments:

Dawna Drake said...

The ghosts are my favorite even though I'm sure the fondant dries out and tastes bad

Megan said...

The fondant dries out a bit, but tastes like really sweet marshmallows! Doesn't taste bad!