Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Golf Ball Cake

I've been told by a couple of people that this is my best cake yet and that it will be the most copied.

A friend of a friend asked for a fairly big golf cake for her husband's birthday party. She sent me a few ideas and this one was my favorite. So I got some pans that when put together form a ball and went from there.



The bottom is 2 layers of 12" square chocolate cake filled and iced with yummy chocolate icing then topped with green buttercream piped to look like grass.

The ball part of the cake is a 6" diameter ROUND white cake filled and frosted with white buttercream frosting then covered in white fondant. Then I used the round end of one of my tools to dent the ball like a golf ball and piped a logo on it (recommended by Dale...GREAT touch!!!).

No comments: