Friday, June 5, 2009

Greek Scroll Cupcakes

My best friend passed through town on Monday on her way to seminary in Michigan. We celebrated our birthdays together since mine was in April and hers is this month. For the occasion, I baked up some cupcakes. She had requested a cake a while back in the shape of a scroll with some Greek lettering on it because over the summer she will be studying Greek. This changed to cupcakes for portability (easier to eat while traveling) and this is what I came up with.


I made strawberry cupcakes and iced them with some leftover lemon cream cheese icing and also a few with some leftover white chocolate icing. The scrolls are gum paste painted with brown food coloring, then dusted with some gold pearl dust for shine.

Closeup of theta :)

I miss you Massiel! One evening just wasn't enough!

No comments: