Sunday, December 28, 2008

Stocking Cake

My in-laws requested a cake for Christmas day a long time ago so I had a lot of time to think up a design. Many ran through my head, but I am quite pleased with the one I ended up doing.

The cake is cookies n' cream with oreo center frosting and filling. Then I covered it in a light blue marshmallow fondant and piped on some snowflakes and a furry top. To finish it all off I "filled" the stocking with some cookies.

This cake turned out to be one of my favorite ones of the year!



Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of my readers!

I am taking a bit of a cakecation again as one of my best friends is coming to town and staying with me from January 5 - 11. I am not accepting any orders until after that week so I can make sure the house is clean beforehand and so I can spend as much time with him as possible while he is here. See you in the new year!

1 comment:

Jyl said...

Hi Megan,

I've been following your blog for awhile (I can't remember how I came across it...sorry!). I have to say that I absolutely love the cakes that you come up with! I have always wanted to get into cake decorating, but I don't think I have enough patience for all the fine detail work that some cakes require! So, I live vicariously through you!

Have a Happy New Year and I look forward to seeing what you design in 2009!