Thursday, November 13, 2008

Big Comfy Cake II

For the 2nd time I've been asked to re-create a cake. You can see the building of the last Big Comfy Cake here. Since I had built the couch before, I won't bore you with additional pictures as I built it exactly the same. I did a couple of minor details differently though.



As you can see, the doilies on the couch are slightly different than last time. And to save on time I covered the cake board with foil this time instead of fondant. The dolls were also different. I made Loonette standing. I was going to make her holding Molly, but it didn't work out as planned. So Loonette is standing and Molly is sitting. And this time I took pictures of the construction of the dolls. My husband and several others found it slightly creepy...

Here are some completed pieces drying separately


Here is the completed Molly:



Here is the completed Loonette:



I love how this picture turned out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes...it is creepy.

cute and creepy.

but mostly cutereepy.