Sunday, February 8, 2009

Snowman Cake

My friend's husband contacted me a while back and asked for a birthday cake incorporating a heart and a snowman and for it to somehow show off the ring he got her for her birthday. I wasn't quite sure how I was going to do that for a while, but after thinking about it, I came up with this.
It is a 3 layer white cake filled with white chocolate raspberry/strawberry ganache, iced with buttercream icing. The snowman is balls of fondant rolled in white sprinkles. The hat, nose, eyes, mouth, scarf and arms are all made out of gum paste. There is also white sprinkles on the "ground" underneath the snowman.

The red hearts are giant heart shaped sprinkles.



This is the cake complete with the ring and wrapped in snowflake cellophane (photo from Amy Heihs)

No comments: